12 January 2006

Every Cloud has a Silver Cloud....

I'm thrilled to report that, despite their best efforts to the contrary, American Airlines was able to locate my luggage in Barbados and send it to Grenada (through a different airline company) and have it arrive safely, but soaking wet, to me. Of course, the only major downside to the whole situation being the fact that I only received my things on the second trip to the airport, because they mistakenly told me it was already in on Wednesday, which it was not.

So anyway, most of my things are currently in the dryer while I write this, and hopefully they will remain there until I return. The sad and silver cloud to my recently completed adventure is that the phone I bought yesterday apparently locked itself (meaning I can no longer send or receive calls) and so now I have to get into town and find the 'Customer Service Center' of my phone company. They can't give me a new one because it supposedly is an easy fix, but can only be accomplished at that specific location. With that in mind, I will have a new adventure tomorrow. As an aside, this made locating my luggage an interesting endeavor.

Included in that adventure, I think, will the purchase of some modest cooking items and food to have in my dorm room. I had high hopes of taking some campus pictures and maybe one or two of my room, but since it is raining today (I swear they said the rainy season ended in November/December), I decided against the picture route. But, the point of that statement was that my roommate and I share a full-size 'fridge and two burner stove-top, including numerous cabinets. Since food on campus, though well-prepared, is exorbitantly expensive, having some things of my own will come in extremely handy.

Other than those two major things, I'm afraid I do not have much to report. I did receive my books today, and that took some intestinal fortitude, since there are a lot of them. Of course, that would be taken for granted when one attends med-school, but the weight was more than I initially expected. I think I'm going to check my laundry and hope that I won't have to rush right back here and post how I lost the clothes I was drying anyway!

Thanks to everyone who has written so far. I keep getting requests for my address, so as soon as I remember to bring it with me when I go to a wireless area (every school building is enabled, and the top floor of the dorms has it. Basically, the only places on campus where they don't provide free wireless is in everyone's dorm room) I forget to bring the necessary paperwork (its kind of a long address). Also, the sun is starting to come back out, so I'm going to have to punish myself by going outside in the 80 degree heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home